This position is responsible for leading and advancing the talent acquisition efforts for specific sites in North America. Drives a world class candidate experience and cultivates true partnerships with Business Operations Leaders and Hiring managers to develop and execute an effective recruiting strategy for each site. Leads a team of site level recruiters to achieve recruiting business deliverables while building and maintaining strong market presence. Ensures service delivery by partnering with appropriate functional areas and/or groups to develop and implement effective solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adherence to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
Provide leadership, direction, and motivation to the global Talent Acquisition team; lead and develop a recruitment team responsible for sourcing, interviewing, selection and onboarding.
Build strong relationships with North America Operations leaders and hiring managers to understand business needs and implement strategic recruitment initiatives to address those needs.
Partner and collaborate with business leaders to deliver recruiting outcomes that meet the business needs. Provide direction and consultation to Operations leaders on strategic and emerging recruitment trends
Plan, develop, and direct recruitment processes and programs for sites, ensuring all sourcing, selection, offer and onboarding activities are effective and efficient and are consistent with policies and standards. Develop and communicate recruiting and onboarding policies and standards as needed.
Ensure the TA team is well aligned, cost effective, and executes against the vision and goals of the organization
Creates and executes the talent acquisition and sourcing strategy for the sites this role supports. Partners with HR Team to develop site action plans to impact the quality and retention of candidates that are hired.
Oversee implementation and continuous improvement of cohesive processes, tools, systems, and training necessary to support the recruiting function
Develop and drive strong measurements and metrics to assess and manage optimal recruitment team performance and direction
Drive an exceptional candidate experience across the organization
Partner with marketing to develop and implement an employer branding strategy that differentiate the company as an employer of choice.
Acts as a change agent leader with a creative and dynamic approach to the Talent Acquisition function
Act as functional owner of the applicant tracking system and other recruitment tools/platforms ensuring that we are maximizing the capabilities. Evaluate and recommend new tools as appropriate.
Participate in the full life-cycle of recruitment for select open requisitions.
Proactively develop candidate pipelines through traditional and innovative sourcing methods, including social media avenues and any emerging technology-based methods.
Travel as needed, domestic and international, up to 75% of time, including trips scheduled, at times, with short notice.
Develop highly effective recruiting team to ensure all recruiting requirements, both management and non-management, are met consistently and effectively.
- May perform other projects, additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. 10+ years of experience in full cycle recruitment with a significant percentage being in management and leadership roles, supporting a dispersed team and workforce; or any equivalent combination of related training/education and experience required.
- Has proven history in leading high-performing recruiting teams.
- Must be a change agent with a creative and dynamic approach to the Talent Acquisition function
- High volume experience is preferred
- Judgment, intelligence, and sensitivity; exercised in concert at all times to meet the needs of individuals, groups and the company.
- Project management skills; including the effective use of metrics, project planning, professional and technical judgment, and analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to develop business relationships, provide outstanding service, identify top talent, and understand cultural differences
- Proven leadership and change management skills; ability to influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of innovative recruitment tools, techniques, technologies, and best practices
- Strong management skills with experience leading and developing a recruiting team
- Highly motivated with a strong process and detail orientation
- Strong business acumen with the ability to utilize data and metrics to drive decision-making
- Strong technical skills including experience and understanding of applicant tracking systems, sourcing and assessment tools, social media, Microsoft Office suite
- Proven results-oriented, relationship-building skills and expertise in partnering with customer groups ranging from Executive Leadership to rural, non-business oriented community members.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in U.S. employment jurisdictions and ability to quickly recognize and acquire knowledge needed in non-U.S. employment jurisdictions.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills; with ability to recognize and exercise appropriate style and levels of communication for customer groups ranging from Executive Leadership to rural, non-business oriented community individuals and groups.
- Ability to multitask continuously; especially across multiple projects, different locations and extremely diverse position levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.