This position is a diverse hands on financial position responsible for budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis related to all aspects of global business (domestic and International). Provides financial and operational support to improve productivity and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Assists in preparation of schedules to aid CFO in communication with Street analysts and Board of Directors.
- Aid in the maintenance of Foreign Exchange (FX) tables within financial software reporting tool to enable constant currency analysis globally.
Creates consistent Global reports from the financial software platform (Hyperion) and isolates FX volatility from operational variances.
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly budget and forecast reports including P&L summaries by region (including client revenue and profitability).
Assist and develop meaningful financial reports for the senior management team to use as a tool to in identifying, and focusing on, opportunities and risks of immediate and/or future concern.
Evaluate and review hierarchies, template updates and template functionality as necessary.
Support the Budget software, assisting team members in maintaining software tools, models and matrices utilized in the budget and forecast process.
Develop and maintain policies and procedures to improve workflow of current processes.
Monitor and analyze expense and revenue trends, plus departmental variance analysis.
Assist in development and maintenance of client revenue and profitability reports.
Assist in the coordination, consolidation, and analysis of Capex forecasts on a global basis to ensure cash flow accuracy for the quarterly street forecast
Assist with special projects and adhoc analysis including the roll-out of the Financial software applications.
Facilitates all levels of management by addressing questions related to the business.
Assists forecasting team in supporting Financial Planning, Forecasting and Analysis for the Sales and the Operations teams to ensure accurate financial reporting, enhancement of internal controls, and foster decision making analysis.
Manages process to collect and summarize P&L variance commentary from regional FP&A teams.
Develops and conducts training on using Hyperion for data retrieval, report design, and best use practices.
May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Finance or Accounting required, CPA or MBA preferred.
- 2-3 years of accounting and/or finance experience.
- Hyperion or other Tier 1 financial platform experience required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Demonstrated financial modeling, forecasting and analytical skills
- Capability to work with people at all levels of an organization
- Consensus builder, enabler
- Ability to meet deadlines and satisfy needs with multiple and conflicting priorities
- Able to develop and master new skills quickly
- Self Starter
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the SYKES Standards of Conduct for Compliance and Integrity (www.sykes.com). SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We strive to treat all applicants and employees with respect and dignity. Our diverse workforce provides many benefits, including creativity, variety in approaches to problem solving, and the ability to work effectively in our diverse markets. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.