This position is responsible to design and develop creative, compelling collateral for multi-channel campaigns through the expression of SYKES brand identity, positioning, and messaging through all brand touch points (print, web, emails and display ads). This role conceptualizes, designs, and implements creative solutions to create awareness of, build preference for, drive choice of, and increase knowledge about SYKES.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
Improve the employee experience with clear, efficient messaging to drive awareness and action where needed
Ensure that all content meets SYKES brand style look and feel
Ensure all communications activity is in compliance visually and is in line with editorial guidelines
Provide day to day line management for a graphic design artist, setting out clear responsibilities and objectives
- Designs, develops, produces and prepares creative graphics, commercial art and technical illustrative materials from sketches, written and verbal requests
Selects techniques best suited to produce desired visual effects in conformance with specified quality standards
- Keep ahead of developments in the field of marketing and technology/digital trends, maintaining links with the industry and incorporating into communications plans where relevant
- Proactively drive creative projects and improving processes
Recommends appropriate methods and medium to convey the desired effect
Proofread and edit materials to ensure accurate, high-quality work and to enforce the use of proper graphics standards
Routinely collaborate with department on projects for content development, presentation and consistency of message and brand
Produces a broad range of deliverables, including layouts, graphics, and templates
Requires work prioritization and coordinating resources within assigned projects
May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field required and two to four years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of related training/education and experience required.
- Strong interest and proven ability in graphic design, writing, websites, social media and marketing
- High level of creativity and ability to work collaboratively within a small team environment
- A strong working knowledge of design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to conceptualize compelling creative concepts within brand standards.
- Strong sense of urgency combined with exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities and resources within a fast-paced setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop at a minimum)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.