The position is responsible for project and change management and the implementation and maintenance related to HR NA projects and programs. This position is responsible for full-cycle project management focusing on complex, cross-functional as well as small NA HR projects, driving them to completion through the use of the right team, regular meetings and project management tools to ensure objectives/deliverables are met on-time and within budget. The position also ensures the use of change management techniques with professional communications targeted to the appropriate audiences. The position has budgetary responsibility for NA HR Operations. The position works closely with HR partners, Operations, Finance, and other SYKES professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity
- Plans, organizes and manages NA HR team projects as required for full implementation of project goals and objectives, including identification of necessary resources and project team members.
- Drives results and problem solves issues removing obstacles to the project’s success through effective and on-going communication and off-line meetings with individuals involved directly or indirectly with team projects.
- Leads the team when necessary to get to the “right” answers or re-diverts project direction when it makes sense for the business. When this occurs, develops the business case for leadership to explain and seek support for changes in project direction.
- Designs and maintains project materials, including project plan, charter, timeline, and project management software updates.
- Facilitates regular stakeholder and project team meetings and communications, including scheduling, development and circulation.
- Partners with project team and Communications Manager to plan, design and execute effective, accurate, and relevant project change management and communications to targeted audiences.
- Oversees the creation and monitoring of the NA HR Operations budget.
- Is able to work across projects and identify areas of opportunity for continuous improvement. Assists with designing and implementing new processes and procedures to support improvement of HR processes and to promote efficiencies.
- Manages and maintains NA HR team project plan.
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required and 8 years HR-related experience. Minimum 3 years’ experience project management. PMP Certification required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Human Resources: Strong general knowledge of HR subject matter to understand the topics, raise issues and remove obstacles.
- Project Management: Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion. Works issues with the team or off-line to keep the project on-track. Utilizes project management software to manage project status, next steps and to raise concerns, when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to use business acumen, interpersonal and verbal communication skills to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal colleagues and leadership.
- Analytical/Problem-Solving: Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information from a variety of sources; independently identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Initiative: Must be able to multi-task, take initiative and work well independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communication: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Dependability: Must be able to follow instructions, respond to direction, and commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Quality: Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Professionalism: Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Ability to maintain discretion in recognizing, protecting and adhering to absolute confidentiality of highly sensitive or controversial information.
- Technical Skills: Project management certification required. Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially with Excel, PowerPoint and Word, as well as strong internet and web-based software skills. Ability to create and maintain databases including manipulating and extracting data for spreadsheets, and producing compliance-related reports.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Financial Skills: Ability to prepare basic financial reports, budgets, forecasts and accruals.
- Confidentiality: Experience maintaining discretion in recognizing, protecting and adhering to absolute confidentiality of highly sensitive or controversial information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.